Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Dogs

My Dogs Kohl and Dandy. Kohl is the larger one. He is half Australian Shepherd and half Golden Retriever . Dandy is half Miniature Pincher and half Chihuahua. Both are trained Mobility Assistant Service dogs. They both do  specific tasks for me. As service dogs I can take  them every where with me. I generally take one or the other depending on what I mostly likely need assistance with. Dandy picks small items up and is great for retrieving art supplies that I may drop. Kohl is best for assisting me in getting around he can carry small parcels and pulls me up out of chairs. They both have gone to Art and Science Fiction Conventions, Museums, Restaurants and many other places I go. Dandy doesn't get to go as often as Kohl does now that he is getting older and his back knees are showing signs of wear. He did get to go on our  Alaska Inside Passage Cruise to see the  Glaciers last July. I will post scans of my Watercolor Sketch Book of the trip in another post. On a cruise ship small is best so Dandy got to go instead of Kohl. He was the only dog on the ship and everyones darling. He spent a lot of time being therapy  dog for all those missing their pets at home. 
Dandy and Kohl, Mid Summer 2010

Dany wearing an anti- bark collar

Kohl

No comments:

Post a Comment